Ako Hiko Student Led Toolkits

Hey there, everyone.

On the Thursday of 17th of August, I went to New Windsor School who were hosting the toolkits. The toolkits are a variety of subjects the person wanted to learn. They choose the toolkits in two sessions in a survey before the time. They must choose ONE in the two rows. They get a tag for what they chose in both sessions. We still had breaks which are Morning Tea and lunch. Some people present toolkits, telling people what the subject is and how to use it. The sessions are in a location, then in the second session it changes its original. Also in the survey you can't choose the same toolkit in both rows. My toolkits I chose to learn were... 'Stop Motion Animation' and 'Google Drawings / Google Sites'. The challenge was it was really time consuming and I couldn't really finish it. They were just files I will not need. Since I learned to make a Google Site, I could make a site of my learning, mountain inquiry. Two challenges also popped up, one for coding and the other problem solving. The coding challenge was a race to make a robot called a 'Sphero' go around cones. It is the shape you'd expect, a sphere. The problem solving is to make an at least a 10 cm tower that has cup holding a 100 grams. There was a draw, getting a prize of a Sphero, chrome-cast, tape and a round object nobody's sure about... here is a picture and video of the toolkits hostage.

Reflection : The toolkits was great fun because I can make them into my learning, especially Google Sites. In the next steps I should blog a stop motion animation and make a site for my learning.

Blog you later.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...

Don't come in yet, we're shooting!

Persuasive writing