The study of Aotearoa.

Wake up, it's the second day of Aotearoa!

Jokes, you know, this post and the previous blog post are in the Summer Learning Journey, sorry for not explaining from before. If you're wondering 'What's the Summer Learning Journey?', it's basically a competition to reach the most points by... blogging of course! There are prizes for the winners, that's all for now.

Let's move on to the 'second' day.

You probably all know New Zealand consists of two main islands, the North and South. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island.
Most of us in the North Island (me, Summer Learning Journey, friends & family) live in Auckland, though it seems Auckland is the biggest city in NZ, Wellington is the main capital of the country.

Auckland is a great, wonderful places that's actually full of diverse structures, you might see trees near houses and city structures. It's also got cinemas, cafes, museums, and most exciting of most all, protected islands! I know, it sounds not exciting, but some islands like Rotorua Island is open to the public, this gives you the opportunity to learn about NZ natives and epidemics, and there are towers and even beaches.

Image result for countdown three kings
The logo.
In Auckland I live in Three Kings, I'm going to move to Henderson, but currently I'm in Three Kings. It's usually a deadly quiet neighbourhood, sometimes I think we're the noisy ones. My home is near a supermarket called 'Countdown', in case you didn't know what's Countdown. Countdown is green. My home is surrounded by compact, green bushes and trees.

And that's all for the 2nd day (jokes, again!), the next blog post is will be a freezing, frost-biting shock. It will be a brain-freeze once you read it. See you later!

Comments

  1. Kia ora Karl,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia on the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) programme this year. It is great to see that you have been participating in the SLJ this summer. I really enjoyed reading all three of your posts. You have a great sense of humour! Like you, I also live near a Countdown grocery store and the bush. In fact, our house backs onto a little park and you can go walking through the forest without seeing anyone or hearing anything. It is really peaceful. Do you ever go for walks through your local neighbourhood?

    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season. Do you have any special plans? We are all going to drive to MOTAT (the Museum of Transport and Technology) tonight to see their Christmas light display. We try to get there every year as I grew up in Canada and am used to seeing Christmas lights everywhere!

    I will be online each day over the break and will look out for more posts from you. I really hope that you're able to share some more with us and keep us both learning and entertained over the holiday!

    Bye for now,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

...

Persuasive writing

The first week of Technology