The first week of Technology

Hey guys!

In this blog post, we had a 'Technology Rotation'. What is the Technology Rotation, you ask? Well, we just move from one class to another. First, we have Technology Rotation in my class, Waitemata. We had to do a 'Technology Challenge'. We have to make group of 3. The objective of this activity is to use materials and get a marble as far away from the table as you can, while it is in level with the table. The materials are straws, one plastic cup, a card, scissors, 2 metres of tape (We can cut it in half so we get 2 metres), yarn, and a marble. We were supposed to have toothpicks but my group managed to survive without it. I'll tell you how it went;

Me, Ishaan, and Tyson were just making a plan, I was thinking of cutting a hole in the plastic cup but my group no. Then we got it, kind of. Tyson put a material down on the table, but Ishaan said no (I can't really remember what happened). So we got ice block sticks, and fastened it with some tape. I got a straw and learnt  that we could insert a straw inside the lolly stick. My group noticed and thought it was good idea.

We put cardboard on it and the marble in. But it didn't work. Some time later, I cut a little in the middle of straw, put the marble in, and curled it! Then we quickly taped it. That time it was roughly 36 centimetres long. After that, a light bulb went in my head. I put the plastic cup down the table... put some tape, grabbed the yarn and taped it to the plastic cup. My group noticed and put taped more on it. But with the jump of 46 centimetres, it was drooping down below the table. So we moved the cup some centimetres backwards.

We moved it until Tyson and I noticed the our structure  levelled with the table. Then my group was done. I liked the challenge, and I thought that we would win (If it was a competition). My group were a great help while I made some ideas.This is what looked liked when it was done.

The marble is inside that weird end in the blue straw








Comments

  1. Hi Karl
    I think that your photo of Tyson, you and I is awesome.
    It reminds me of the time I made a gun simulator 2000 on the October the 26th 2018.
    Maybe you could put more photos to picture all angles.
    Don't be afraid to be you.
    Thanks from Ishaan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Shikarn here again from Gilberthorpe School This sounds awesome wish I could do these sorts of stuff. The things you made are awesome and so creative you have done a awesome job.
    Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for putting a comment on my blog! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

...

Persuasive writing