Athletics!

😄Hi there.

At this term we had the annual Athletics Day at the 2nd of November, it's part of our school curriculum. Also everyone is involved, including me! In Athletics Day, we move in rotations, categorised in Year groups. We could get points for our age and house groups, not those houses, I'll talk about what they are later. 

There are loads of activities in Athletics, some are fun, like fun throw, in my opinion. While some are boring. But that's not important, I'm just saying there are activities you rotate to, then eventually you'll come across most of them. I'm in the 10/11 year old boys, I'm 11, well, I turned 11. 

The 400 metre run. Spoiler, not the 10-11 year old boys.
The first thing we came across was the 400 metre run, I wasn't really sure if I was going to win. The 400 metre run is a running competition, there's a race track that continues straight forward, until it has curve, and also a cone. You HAVE to run around the cone, otherwise, you'll have to run it again, and that's bad. There's final at the end. At the first race, I became second, and I was proud of that. But, unluckily, I came second to last place in the final. I cheered really loud, and when people looked at me, I laughed. I was a little embarrassed. 

Next up came team building. As you probably can tell, it's about teamwork. The task of this game is to get everyone to the other side. There are two people that do most of the work. The leader and the 'back leader'. The leader is the person at the front, he/she will put down the 'rocks' down for the others to cross to the other side. Note, only a foot can be on a rock. You can't put your feet in one rock. Once all the other people reach the other side. The what I call a 'back leader' picks up all the rocks whilst reaching the end. Then it starts again, but the other way around. The first team to reach the two ends is the winning team of the game.

Then came tennis. If you don't know how to play tennis, you have a racket, right? You basically hit a tennis ball with the racket, if it double bounces on your opponent's side, you get a point. There are boundaries as well, if the tennis ball is out of the opponent's boundary, you're out. For me, I'm not much of a tennis player, and so did the other people in the 10-11 year old boys. I think I did terrible, but it didn't last really long.

Next one, my enemy, sprinting. I hate sprinting! Mostly because I'm bad at it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...

Don't come in yet, we're shooting!

Maths Fun - Junior Playground Model